Saturday 18 May 2013

Ferns & Forest Encounter



"Forest Fronds" by Heenan Photography

This branch of bracken shows some lovely autumnal colours. I remember taking this quite vividly; a damp morning last October, very quiet, in Epping Forest. As I was focussing on the ferns below me and getting some photos of their colours, a sound caught my attention. A fallow deer had trotted along the path, then skidded to a stop as it must have caught my scent - yet surprised and unsure of exactly where I was standing because I was wearing greens and browns as is often my wont! I was just as surprised, and with my camera focussed on the ferns below me, unprepared to take a shot of the deer before it dashed off again. So, I was left with just a shot of the bracken to remind me of the encounter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...