Tuesday 20 November 2012

Dark Wings over Loch Lomond

Dark Wings over Loch Lomond photo by Heenan Photography

This is a shot of a crow taking off from the shore of Loch Lomond in Scotland.

I took this photo in 2010 while living and working on the Scottish west coast, on one of my holidays to see other parts of Scotland. Loch Lomond was a beautiful place to stop while on the way back from visiting Fort William. The lake is the largest in Great Britain, at least when looking at surface area (Loch Ness is the top when it comes to volume or depth).

This crow was one of the many natural sights that I have witnessed in Scotland, and although crows are somewhat commonplace my own affection for the corvids adds to my fondness of this photo. With the backdrop of water there is a simplistic elegance to the shot that makes it memorable for me even amongst the many photos from Scotland, and the exciting sightings and breathtaking views that I have encountered there in abundance.

[View the photo gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...