Wednesday 7 November 2012

Rannoch

  Rannoch Moor photo by Heenan Photography

 This photo was taken last year up in Scotland, in possibly one of my favourite spots ever. 

I was walking the West Highland Way, a long distance footpath that runs almost 100 miles from the 'burbs of Glasgow to the foot of Ben Nevis. On such a long walk through such a stunning country there were of course many places which I remember fondly, but walking over Rannoch Moor the very wild beauty there touched my heart.

Rannoch Moor is hailed as "western Europe's largest remaining wilderness", and thought to be the largest uninhabited wilderness in Britain. Plodding across this landscape on foot (the only way to traverse the moor as no road crosses it), I loved every minute. The soul of the place is unreal.

[View the photo gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...